Personal Injury Attorney
Unlike Many Other Firms In Louisville, KY– I Focus on Being a Personal Injury Lawyer, Period.
That’s the 100% focused professional difference! That way . . .I can spend all my time making sure you get the maximum care and financial compensation you deserve! Call now in Louisville, KY . . . .(502)364-2500
John Byrnes is located in Louisville, KY and represents clients here in Louisville and all over the state of Kentucky.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Hit and Run Wreck
- Motorcycle Wreck
- Pedestrian Wreck
- School Bus Wreck
- 18 Wheeler Wreck
- Truck and Van Wreck
Crime Victim Injury
- Assault, Shooting Victim
- Campus Crime
- Coach or Priest Sex Abuse
- Sex Assault
- School Assault
Civil Rights Injury
- Racial Discrimination
- Sexual Abuse, Harassment and Assault
- Religious Discrimination
- Police Misconduct and Brutality
- False Arrest or Imprisonment
- Excessive and Deadly Force
Wrongful Death Premises Injury
- Hotel Accident
- Daycare Accident
- Dog Bites
- Drowning Accident
- Elevator Accident
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Porch, Stair and Deck Collapse
- Fireworks and Fire accident
- Exposure to drunken patrons/persons
- Exposure to toxins e.g. asbestos, chemicals
- Criminal acts victim
- Step Injury
- Inadequate security
- Dark area injury
- Slippery floors and loose handrails
- Bulging Carpet, Uneven Floors and Walkways
- Construction Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Office Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Birth Injury
- Bodily Injury
- Cerebral Palsy and Other Palsy
- Hospital and Surgical Errors
- Misdiagnosis of Cancer and Other Diseases
- Nursing Home and Elder Care Abuse
This is a common question. Many people wrongly assume that every little injury is just cause for a legal claim. On the other hand, many people wrongly assume their case has no merit. That’s why it can be so important to contact a personal injury attorney and have your case reviewed by an expert. A successful personal injury claim requires 4 things: Duty, breach of that duty, causation of the injuries due to the breach, and damage incurred as a result of the breach. Without all four items, success is highly unlikely.
- Medical bills: Doctor visits, ER costs, pharmacy bills, and any other related medical care.
- Legal fees: Court costs, travel costs, missed work, and attorney fees.
- Lost income: Current and future lost income due to your injury.
- Property loss: Vehicle, clothing, or any other personal property lost or damaged from the accident.The following can also be included in compensatory damages and are more subjective:
- Emotional distress: This includes any mental distress experienced by the plaintiff as a result of the accident. It can include fear, insomnia, or anxiety.
- Pain and suffering: This is challenging to calculate, but it includes past, current, and future physical suffering. Any impairment or physical disfigurement can also be included in the calculation.
Punitive Damages – Punitive damages are awarded in addition to compensatory damages. This type of damage award is intended to punish the defendant in more serious cases. Punitive damages are not always awarded. It’s a tool to help ensure a similar occurrence doesn’t happen again in the future. Punitive damages are more commonly awarded against large corporations where multiple people have been harmed or against repeat offenders, such as drunk drivers with multiple arrests. It’s not enough for the defendant to be negligent; there must be an intentional lack of regard for the health and safety of other people. Proving this level of fault can be very challenging and requires experience and a high level of expertise.
Full Service Injury Law Practice –
Although John Byrnes focuses on personal injury law he also handles legal matters in the following practice areas: Maritime Personal Injury, Construction Accidents, Dui Accidents, Construction Defects, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI defense, Traffic Violations, Entertainment Law, Employment Law, Environmental Law, Health Care, Nursing Home Litigation, Insurance Bad Faith, Life and Health Insurance, Trademarks, Investments, Sexual Harassment, Sports Law, Wrongful Termination, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Automobile Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Products Liability, Drug and Medical Device Litigation, Securities Fraud, Toxic Torts, and many other types of injury cases.
To schedule a free consultation or learn more about how the John Byrnes can assist you, contact our Louisville, Kentucky office now at (502)364-2500.